About YWCA COLUMBUS
YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
YWCA Columbus has responded to the needs of our community in meaningful and lasting ways. We provide affordable housing, emergency shelter, child care and critical services to help stabilize some of the most vulnerable women and families struggling to make ends meet. Our legacy began over 130 years ago when a few women funded a 12-room boarding house to provide a safe and affordable place to live for homeless women. Today, we continue our legacy and serve the central Ohio community through several initiatives, including:
- YWCA Columbus Family Center, an emergency shelter for homeless families.
- Women's Residency, a supportive housing program for up to 91 formerly homeless women with a mental health diagnosis.
- Social Justice programming for workplace and school-based settings.
- Leadership development via mentorship programs and emPower meeting series.
- Kids Place school-age child care programs, serving 1,078 children in two local school districts.
- Signature community fundraising events honoring women in our community who are doing extraordinary things.
TEXT YWCACBUS TO 74121